Schaumburg Township Historical Sites accessible to the public
|Schaumburg Township Historical Society
2022 Al three buildings are closed for construction.
The Schaumburg Center Public School located on St. Peter Lutheran Church property was moved from its original site on Schaumburg Road west of Roselle Road. The building belongs to the Village of Schaumburg and is leased for 99 years to the Schaumburg Township Historical Society which is a not for profit organization. The schoolhouse is open Memorial Day, during Schaumburg's Septermberfest, for scheduled historical society presentations, and the STHS's monthly meetings on the second Monday each month Oct.-June. For details on each month's meeting just click on the Upcoming Events tab above.
The old, brick St. Peter Lutheran Church and original, white frame 1847 church which serves as St. Peter Church Museum belong to and are maintained by St. Peter Lutheran Church. The church museum is open to the public on Memorial Day. Please contact the church at 202 E. Schaumburg Road for access at other times by appointment. Open House Hours of the Schaumburg Center Public School can be found on the Upcoming Events tab and a schedule is posted on the Contact Us tab.
The Sunderlage Farmhouse, built in 1856, Sunderlage Smokehouse and Greeve Cemetery are owned and maintained by the Village of Hoffman Estates. The Hoffman Estates Historical Sites commission oversees the use of the building and is responsible for the preservation and documentation of historical sites. The HEHSC has four scheduled public events yearly at the farmhouse. The building is open monthly for public meetings of the HSC and is also available for private rental. The cemetery, which is located in a residential neighborhood, is locked and can be visited during the April and October cemetery tours or by appointment. Please Call Hoffman Estates Boards and Commissions secretary at (847) 781-2606.
Sunderlage Farmhouse and Sunderlage Smokehouse is located at 1775 Vista Lane, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
Greve Cemetery, also known as Wild Cat Grove Cemetery and Evangelical and Reformed Cemetery is located at Abbeywood and Liberty, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169